Monday, December 15, 2008

It Begins

The following blog entries are a compilation of my thoughts, views of patterns, beliefs, and relationships to educational frameworks, with implications for teaching stemming from my personal practicum experience at Crosswinds Art and Science School.

I remember my first thoughts: this is a crazy school. Clearly. The first impression of this school from winding and twisting Weir Drive is that of a circus show short of elephants, or a ridiculously cheap deal on multicolored paint from Sherman Williams that year. This is a school? I’m briefly reminded of Frank Lloyd Wright’s architectural scheme. The drive up to the school seems to take forever, but it’s beautiful. What a setting: amongst the woods, away from bustling suburbia and the busy freeway. This is going to be a trip, no doubt. Upon entering the school I see this is clearly a place like no other, nonetheless a school, with it’s open performance space greeting you upon entry, and it’s teeth like exposed beams shining down from the ceiling. An open school.

No comments:

Post a Comment